I’m a simple girl when it comes to cosmetics. Less is more and natural is always better. Here are my top 10 beauty must haves!
1. Water! The most important thing for your body! Helps your skin stay beautiful and keeps you hydrated, especially if you are breastfeeding! This is a glass water bottle my husband got me. I love it! It doesn’t leak and I’m not afraid I am going to break it because of the rubber layer on the outside.
2. Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm. This is in Hibiscus. I love Burt’s Bees products and the fact that they are all natural. This lip balm gives just enough color and there are plenty of color choices!
3. Palmer’s cocoa butter lip balm. I am in love with this product! It smells wonderful. It is very moisturizing and the stick is in an oval shape with I love for some reason! It is easy to apply and under $2.00! You can’t beat it!
4.Aveeno Daily Moisture lotion. Grady and I only use Aveeno. He uses the baby eczema line and I use this in myself. It is smooth and not greasy. It’s fragrance free which is absolutely necessary since anything I wear can cause Grady’s eczema to flare up. This lotion also doesn’t have a weird unscented scent ( you know what I mean!).
5.E.L.F clear mascara. I don’t wear a lot of makeup and I really don’t count clear mascara as a makeup anyway! But this helps my eyelashes hold their curl and opens my eyes a bit!
6.Loreal Skin Beautifier BB cream. This BB cream is so light and smooth. I have it in ‘fair’. I love the way it evens and smooths my skin tone without a caked on foundation look or feel.
7.Eyelash Curler. I use this everyday. I feel like it instantly brightens my eyes and makes me look more awake, which is much needed as a new mama!
8. Coconut Oil ! My absolute favorite thing ever. I use this for EVERYTHING. I wash and moisturize my face with it. I use it as a conditioning treatment in my hair. I use it as moisturizer after I shave my legs. Everything. My advice is to buy the good stuff. I get organic, virgin, unrefined coconut oil (typically from Sprouts or Trader Joes, although Costco sells a huge jar of it as well!). A little goes a long way!
9. Hand Sanitizer. I am obsessed with all the mini hand sanitizers at Bath and Body Works. This is one of my favorites, Warm Vanilla Sugar! And I have 5 more minis in other scents just waiting to be used…
10. This is not pictured but it is so important… sleep! This is the hardest and most valued beauty item for a new mama. Take naps, take turns, and cherish your rest!
What are your beauty must haves?